Saturday, January 9, 2010

Belgium...here I come!

BLOG 1: Reflections upon entering the CLAM course and/or response to the introductory materials.

Wow...what a whirlwind past 48 hours it has been! I've gone from Columbia, SC to DC to NYC and then finally arrived in Brussels, Belgium where I will spend the next almost 5 months of my life! What a culture shock it is already over here, but I am loving it none the less.

Leaving Columbia, SC


Driving to find out apartment!


Our beautiful apartment....not bad!

I am so excited to be in the CLAM class, I feel like it will help me truly express my thoughts and experiences while I'm studying abroad, as well as help me evaluate communication practices of different cultures and different media. I clicked the link to watch the 'Welcome to CLAM' video and it would not work on my computer; I also tried it on my roommates computer and it would not work there either. Is there something wrong with the video?

I have read over the syllabus and course outline and I know I will stay busy in this class, but it will be worth it. After reading over all of the class goals, I am excited to know I will have accomplished all of those by the end of the semester. I've always loved taking pictures and traveling, so hopefully this class will be great for me.

I'm looking forward to a great semester abroad and to keeping everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment